Thursday, October 29, 2009

Old friends, new people

I've been lucky this year to meet up with some old friends after a long time. 


Its always so much fun to hang out with people who've shared some fun times with you; unfortunately over the course of time, these aren't really the 'old friends' but 'new people' who you have to discover all over again.


People become guarded, old inside jokes don't mean the same, and its no longer effortless! On the other hand, some people like that - to rediscover and perhaps find someone more mature and complete than the person you knew back in college. 


I don't like the effort, I still yearn for the same old, same old. People shouldn't change but then again I'm hoping for the impossible :)

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is the difference between meeting them after a while and remaining in touch constantly. The latter means you never have to worry about reconnecting - if anything there is a companionship there that you don't find anywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visitor # for wanting a part of my thoughts..