Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My many role models





My grandfather - I loved this man very much. Except one time (my fault totally, carefree teenager that I was) he never used to get angry. For anything. He had the one quality that I adore the most - patience. I yearn to attain that level of patience. I think my life in research is slowly and steadily teaching me that. 


My sister - I've followed in her footsteps since the very beginning. Junior college, Bachelors and even the same university. I think I look up to you because of your amazing analytical and critical skills. I want to write as well as you do, I want to be as introspective as you are, I want to be able to understand and interpret like you do. You would think that life as a scientist makes you this way. I think I'm not there yet..as much as I'd like to be there yesterday! To see her writing go here - http://purvsoutlet.blogspot.com/

Dewey Royal - Dewey, I'm going to miss you. I look up to Dewey for his formidable intellect and even more powerful courage and resilience. Dewey was a research professor in our lab who after being diagnosed with MS and being crippled by it at a very early age, overcame his fear, handicap and showed me that nothing is impossible or too hard. I didn't have too many chances to interact with him, but every time I did I was always challenged, inspired. I want to have the strength and perseverance and above all the passion that he had for his science, life, the universe and everything. Dewey passed away earlier this summer and he is sorely missed !!


My cousin Nirav - For his never-say-die attitude. And for being the one to call me from time to time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you visitor # for wanting a part of my thoughts..